What is Threading?
Threading is an ancient method of hair removal which originated in the Indian subcontinent, spread to the Middle and Far East, and is now gaining popularity in many Western countries.
Advantages of Threading
Quick, neat and inexpensive, this method of hair removal is considered less painful than plucking for many. Good for eyebrows and facial hair, threading does not pinch or scar the skin. Since the hair is removed from the roots, it prevents ingrown hair.
How often should I thread?
You can thread every week and get clear results with sharp lines. Like plucking, results can last two to four weeks.
Eyebrow threading results last 2-3 weeks and hair tends to grow back finer and lighter.
There are no risks associated with threading – it is a very gentle hair removal method, and it is actually the best way to remove ingrown hair.
In comparison, tweezing needs to be done regularly, if not daily.
Waxing, on the other hand, is quicker, but can cause burns or redness on sensitive facial skin.
How is it done ?
Threading is a technique for removing hair at the root and is used primarily on facial hair.
A cotton thread is used in a twisting motion to trap and lift hair right out of the follicle.
What is waxing?
Waxing is a safe and effective method of removing unwanted facial and body hair, using heated wax. The warm wax is applied to the desired area and is gently ripped against the direction of hair with the help of wax strip. We use organic wax and do not double dip the wax stick to insure better skin hygiene.
It is said that new hair will not grow back in the previously waxed area for four to six weeks, although chances are some people will start to see regret earlier because their hair might be on a different growth cycle.
Benefits of waxing:
- Large amounts of hair can be removed in a short time.
- Hair in waxed area will not usually grow for 4 to six weeks.
- Waxing often enough can weaken the follicle and cause permanent loss of hair meaning there might be no need of waxing anymore.
- Its side effects are minimal.
- It can be performed on all part of the body.
A facial is a procedure involving a variety of skin treatments, including: steam, exfoliation, extraction, creams, lotions, facial masks, peels, and massage. It is helpful in slowing down the aging so as to achieve a healthier and younger skin. It is also claimed that facial therapy eases stress, migraine headache, premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and sinus congestion.
Advantages of Facial Therapy:
- Helps you achieve a toned facial muscle
- Facial and eye muscle relaxation which helps to relieve the overall tension.
- It helps in alleviating stress and anxiety.
- Reduces tension in your facial muscles and generates facial glow.